I met Lolly in Grade 1
in Ndola, Zambia
A few years later my family moved to South Africa
After my mom’s death, we moved back to Ndola
I went to a new school, the Convent
Lolly was now here too
So was Vonny, Allison, Julie, Joanne, Tricia, Terry Ann, Tina, Allegra, Loredana, Julia, Sandy, Zen and others
At 15 I left again
Then came fb
New friends galore!
Our “Old School” friendships were renewed as a group!
The new and old became a mix
we don’t remember who introduced who
where they come into the “picture”
Now we’ve added Jacky and, Jackie, Julie and Julia, Joy, Rachael, Rie, Shirley, Margaret, Ansie, Donna, Liz, Jenny, Caitlyn and my Ma-Val
We’ve had reunions and meet-ups where possible
But share, care, laugh and cry regularly
Most of us communicate daily, certainly weekly or monthly
These are my Girls
My Ya Ya’s
I look at you
Then I look at me
Without my buddies
Where would I be?
Where would I be without my Girls?
Giggles and tears
Smiles and laughs
Late night texts and photographs
We’ll be together until our last day
Best Girlies forever
just wont fade away
I love you all!
Friends do things for one another.
They go a million miles out of their way.
They hold your hand.
They bring you smiles, when a smile is exactly what you needed.
They listen, and they hear what is said in the spaces between the words.
They care. And they let you know you’re in their prayers.
Friends always know the perfect thing to do.
They can make your whole day, just by saying something no one else could have said.
Sometimes you feels like the two of you share a secret language that others can’t tune into.
A friend can guide you, inspire you, comfort you, or light up your life with laughter.
A friend understands your moods and nurtures your needs.
A friend lovingly knows just what you’re after.
When your feelings come from deep inside,
and they need to be spoken to someone you don’t have to hide from,
you share them …
with a friend.
When good news comes, a friend is the first one your turn to.
When feelings overflow and tears need to fall,
friends help you through it all.
Friends bring sunlight into your life.
They warm your life with their presence,
whether they are far away or close to your side.
A friend is a gift that brings happiness, and a treasure that money can’t buy.
I have the greatest, most loving, closest group of friends I could want
I can’t wait for some of us to get together in Sept for a group hug!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (implicado.wordpress.com)
- The Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (craftcrazygran.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (waldina.com)
- Weekly photo challenge : “Friendship” – When I was gifted a star (justanotherwakeupcall.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (theretiringsort.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship II (jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship is needed to care for animals (benwilliamsworld.wordpress.com)
- Going Random on Friendships (seraphim6.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (elspethc.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: FRIENDSHIP (bopaula.wordpress.com)